MFT Community Forum

Share your images and your experience with your MicroFourThirds gear.
Join this independent Community and register now!

Olympus old and new...

biggles3

I thought I'd share this photo just for fun.

1959 Olympus ACE__2020 Olympus E-M1 III.jpg
  • OLYMPUS CORPORATION - E-M1MarkII
  • OLYMPUS M.30mm F3.5 Macro
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 3200

It shows Olympus' evolution from the 1950s to date; the Olympus rangefinder with interchangeable lenses is the rather rare Olympus Ace - mine dates from 1959. And of course next to it is my favourite MFT camera, the E-M1 MkIII. Both are lovely cameras but much as I still love film, I have to admit that the E-M1 is just a tiny bit more versatile...:)

Hi biggles3,

you amaze me every time... First let me welcome you also here: :welcome-to-forum:

You have really a wide range of really cool cameras!

There seem to be many Olympus users who still have older Olympus cameras. Analogue and also the older E-System (FourThirds system with different lens mount to the MFT-System).

I created therefore a new subforum for this, so all will feel home also here. We need to preserve the knowledge about these cameras!

I used to have the Olympus E620 years ago. Lovely camera, great sensor at that time...

Hello Dirk,

The E-620 was/is still a great camera and there were some stunning 4/3 lenses (150mm f2 - what a piece of glass!) which can still be used very effectively with the E-M1 models via an adapter thanks to the cameras' phase detection system. If you go to: https://www.flickr.com/people/164456136@N06/ and hit on Photostream you'll find a small selection of my equipment (excluding most Contax items) some of which is relevant to several of your Forums. It's been fun using many of them over the last 50+ years or so. There are a few Olympus legacy film cameras to be found there but it's mostly Yashica as I am one of the moderators of the Yashica Forum. Every camera, lens and major accessory gets a work out at least every 12 weeks - I should have shares in Duracell though...

I used my E620 at that time with my Contax 80-200/F4 and with 2 new Zeiss ZS lenses and M42 adapter (M42 mount but the same lens as with ZF Nikon mount).

Zuiko Digital 35-100mm ƒ/2, unsupported configuration with an EC-14 tele-extender stacked with an EX-25 extension tube. No electronic controls work in that configuration, but you can manually focus using the zoom ring!
Raspberries.jpg
  • OLYMPUS CORPORATION - E-M1MarkII
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 2000

Back