MFT Community Forum

Share your images and your experience with your MicroFourThirds gear.
Join this independent Community and register now!

List of all MFT lenses available

dirk

Founder MFT Community
FYI

we put a lits of all MFT lenses for you together with the most important technical data. You can change the sort order yourself. Currently these are 89 lenses and around another 40-50 third party lenses will be added soon.

If you find typos or wrong data, please post here below, so we can correct it.

Here is the link:

I didn't see the excellent little Panny 12-32 in the list! Otherwise a
:good-job:

I didn't see the excellent little Panny 12-32 in the list! Otherwise a
:good-job:
What a shame. I have 2 of the 12-32 and still missed it in the sheet. Will fix this later...

There is an error in the lens update announcement posted today.

Announcement MFT lens overview database updated​

This is the posted list of new lenses:

"I updated our lens overview database for the native MFT lenses. I added three new native lenses from 2023.:
  • Lumix Leica 13-35/2.8 (III)
  • Lumix Leica 35-100/2.8 (III)
  • Lumix Leica 100-400mm F4-6.3 II
However the first lens should be Lumix Leica 12-35/2.8 (III), (not 13-35).

It is shown correctly in the actual database.

This is the posted list of new lenses:
Of these three lenses, I have the Mark II versions of the 12-35 and the 35-100. A question is whether to upgrade to the Leica versions. The 35-100 is more of a specialty lens for me - I use it some - I like it - but it probably isn't worth upgrading. The 12-35 is a different story. This is the main lens for my G9II, and the Leica version is improved several ways over the Mark II. And the price has come down since the initial release. It is going on my wish list, and it could well become a buy a some point.

About the 100-400, I actually got the Mark I version one time, in anticipation of a wildlife shoot. But I found it too big and returned it. And anymore I find the much lighter Lumix 100-300 is okay for the M43 telephoto shooting I do - this combined with DxO PureRAW 4.

A question is whether to upgrade to the Leica versions.

I was in the same situation. I had the 35-100 Mk1 too and sold it. Image quality was not good enough for 20MP. Originally Inwanted to buy after that the Mk3 version.

To be honest, I am not sure whether the Mk2 or mk3 version is meaningful better in image quality According to photozone/optical limits, the Lumix Leica 50-200/2.8-4.0 is meaningful better than the 35-100/2.8. Score of 8.0 vs. 7.0.

This is why I bought the 50-200 in a rush 48 hours before I left for Japan (it was a promotion and the price was the same in Germany as in Japan, so I prefer to buy at home).

I am now in Japan, but do not have a PC with me. When looking at the camera display and enlarging it 10x, it is looking promising. Definitely better than my old 35-100 Mk1.

The 12-35 is a different story. This is the main lens for my G9II, and the Leica version is improved several ways over the Mark II.

I am not sure about this. I would advise to test it at a store and compare it with your Mk2 version.

I have the 12-35/2.8 Mk2 version. I never used the Mk1 version. Mk2 is really not bad. But again at Photozone, the Mk1 version has a optical rating of only 6.5.

I decided for tgis trip to Japan to buy the Olympus 12-40/2.8 Pro Mk2. Ther is still a promotion at OM System Germany. You can buy that lens in the OM System store for 819€ and get a 200€ cash back on it. Tgat nakes the total costs down to 619€. Tgis is usually the second hand price in Germany. You do not get it cheaper brand new in Japan.

So far on the camera display it looks really good. Photozone score of 7.5.

Regarding the 100-400. The Mk2 version accepts now also a teleconverter. I think thiis is the only benefit of the Mk2 version.

Optically, the 100-400 MFT zoom is optically not what I would expect from a Leica branded lens to be honest. I use for this range the old Olympus 70-300 Mk2, because of was slightly smaller than the Panasonic 100-300 and starts already at 70mm. But aperture is better with the Lumix.

Back