MFT Community Forum

Share your images and your experience with your MicroFourThirds gear.
Join this independent Community and register now!

A new lease of life for my old Pentax manual lenses

Peadingle

I enjoy using my old Pentax M lenses on my Panasonic G80 bodies. I also have a (mandatory?) Helios 44-M. All work well, and I find that having to manual focus does help me concentrate more on photography than snapping away with autofocus.

Judging by some reports about adapters, I must have struck lucky with my choice of Beschoi brand, because both of mine ensure that all lenses are securely attached to my cameras with no slack or play.

I have two Pentax limited lenses which I sometimens use on my Lumix S5 (FF) with a K&F adapter. No problems at all.

But I have not used a MFT adapter yet, because the MFT lenses are so good and there is almost every focal lenght available, that I did not need it yet.

What could become very interesting in the future regarding MFT adapters: More or less all newly dsigned mirrorless lenses (no matter for which system) are very good, but also a bit clinical sharp. In this case it becomes interesting to experiment with older glass, which is not "as perfect" as the new ones and gives therefore a very interesting different look.

So I could imagine, that we will have a run over the next 5-10 years for adapters for any kind of camera system.

I have two Pentax limited lenses which I sometimens use on my Lumix S5 (FF) with a K&F adapter. No problems at all.

But I have not used a MFT adapter yet, because the MFT lenses are so good and there is almost every focal lenght available, that I did not need it yet.

What could become very interesting in the future regarding MFT adapters: More or less all newly dsigned mirrorless lenses (no matter for which system) are very good, but also a bit clinical sharp. In this case it becomes interesting to experiment with older glass, which is not "as perfect" as the new ones and gives therefore a very interesting different look.

So I could imagine, that we will have a run over the next 5-10 years for adapters for any kind of camera system.
Yes, it is not to cover focal lengths that I don't have, but for the effect and rendering that the older lenses give.

Attachments

• bos-wa-p50mm1080637b+w-041218.jpg
    EXIF
    bos-wa-p50mm1080637b+w-041218.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1
Back