MFT Community Forum

Share your images and your experience with your MicroFourThirds gear.
Join this independent Community and register now!

Hello there

Woody Meristem

Hello from northcentral Pennsylvania. I'm a serious amateur photographer and have been for over 50 years; although I'm an amateur and not a pro I've had photos published in magazines and on websites and have a blog. I was a land manager for a public agency for 37 years and then worked for a regional land trust for another 15, now I'm retired. Day in and day out I average about 100 photos a day and am now in the midst of a project to take an interesting nature photo within 200 feet of our back door every day for a year. I shot film, mainly Kodachrome 64 for many years and gave up on film after I bought my first digital camera, a Canon, now I'm using Olympus bodies and lenses plus a few Panasonic lenses.

Hi Woody! Do you ever shoot any of your old vintage glass? I shoot almost as much with my film OM Zuikos as I do my new M.Zuiko digital lenses.

I used to spend a lot of time in North Central PA. Do you know Crystal Lake Camps? Maybe it's not called that any more. The owners were pretty old when I was going there, 40 years ago!

I'm impressed with your project to shoot once a day for a year, no more than 200 feet from your door. Sounds like a job for macro! I originally got into Olympus in the 1970s, primarily because of the strength of their macro system.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Hi Woody! Do you ever shoot any of your old vintage glass? I shoot almost as much with my film OM Zuikos as I do my new M.Zuiko digital lenses.

I used to spend a lot of time in North Central PA. Do you know Crystal Lake Camps? Maybe it's not called that any more. The owners were pretty old when I was going there, 40 years ago!

I'm impressed with your project to shoot once a day for a year, no more than 200 feet from your door. Sounds like a job for macro! I originally got into Olympus in the 1970s, primarily because of the strength of their macro system.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

The only old cameras I have are a couple of Canon bridge superzooms, and I don't have any old lenses -- I typically get rid of old stuff, whether it's cameras, camping gear, cars, whatever.

Yes I know Crystal Lake Camp, it's still in business although the old owners died years ago. I'm not sure of the ownership now, but it's still in operation.

I've done several nature photo-a-day-for-a-year projects and really enjoyed it, so I wanted to do it again but with more of a challenge. Yes, a lot of the photos have been with my macro lens and I assume that may well continue. Here's a link to the first three months of this latest project -- https://forestandfield.blogspot.com/2023/03/around-house-winter.html

Back